|I just love city views at night!|
The best thing about trips to Sydney is you can leave the car at home and go with the flow. Everything is pretty much accessible either on foot or by public transport. I just love to fill days with slow walking, talking and admiring our surroundings. On this trip I really wanted the girls to ask questions, stop if they wanted to stop, choose food from the huge selection available and eat real gelato. Surry Hills is a very artistic and boutique style area of Sydney, it is bursting with alfresco dining and friendly bars. I feel at home here, a little bit different when you take children as opposed to a couples only weekends, but a great experience either way. There is a fantastic little park in Crown Street where you can let the kids run off some energy and enjoy some sandwiches or icecream.
- If you are kid free head to the Clock Hotel, grab a bottle of Janz, my favourite local sparkling and head to the beer garden which is gorgeous and just chill for the afternoon and celebrate life! The outdoor area is pretty with lounges and lots of greenery, so relaxing.
- Got the kids? Grab ice creams from Gelato Messina and head to the park across the road to eat and let the kids play! The gelato is amazing and they create new flavours everyday!
- Hungry, step inside one of the many chic cafes that line the streets, we love four ate five on Crown Street but they are all fabulous!
- Dinner time? Grab a table at one of my favourite Italian restaurants, Baccomatto Osteria, this is traditional Northern Italian cuisine with some gorgeous Italian waiters. Order small plates of cheeses, salami or porchetta served with a side of home baked foccacia. Wash it all down with a few glasses of their house red wine and everyone will be happy.
- If you are sleeping, choose the Cambridge Hotel, it is family run and the staff are relaxed yet efficient! Great location, all the facilities you need, rediculously comfortable beds and great views of the city!
Have you stayed in Surry Hills? What is your favourite part of Sydney?