My marriage has been totally life changing, I have become such a better person with my husband beside me every day. He makes me want to be a better person and often helps me nut out problems to make the best decisions. At night we are best friends who chat about work, kids and even politics. I am not saying it is perfect all the time because marriage is hard work some days too, especially when you combine two fiery red heads.
Today I was reminiscing on our honeymoon, probably one of the most amazing holidays of my life. One week of just me and him together alone, to simply enjoy each other completely. I really really want to do it again. It sounds totally selfish I know, but holidays with kids just isn't the same. So that is my ultimate gift that want. With our two year anniversary looming I was thinking about how to celebrate and remember why we got married to start with. But guys are hard to buy for especially when you want it to be special so I set out to investigate in the name of blog research, and asked Mr Blended himself.
Here are his top 10 presents ideas for guys.
- A shark diving trip in South Australia, how cool does this one look?
- Toyota 86 (Hubby wanted me to take this out as unrealistic but I know he really wants it and it was his first reply)
- A boozy Gift from The Basket Factory he likes the "my guy" basket with his favourite James Squire beer.
- V8 Hot laps experience
- Day out abseiling or rock climbing, prepare an awesome lunch to really make it awesome.
- Man suitable cooking classes, send him for a great day out and get him to learn how to whip up a meal in the kitchen, win win I say. I have sent my husband for sausage, meat and tapas classes all accompanied with suitable alcoholic beverages. He and my dad like to go and bond, it is a really cool idea!
- Day out Charter Fishing
- Steak night with accompanied marital extras......... his idea not mine!
- Underwear - seriously every man needs them although he might not ask for it. Mix it up with a bottle of wine, a DVD and some chips for the perfect night in.
- A home brew class, men love to be able to make stuff and then drink it, a perfect combination.